Location and Dates
Our International Ballet Summer School Program will take place in the Ballet Studios of the “Palucca University of Dance Dresden” (Germany). The first day of classes start on Monday, August 05th. The last day of classes is Saturday August 17th 2019. This is a full 2-week program.
We welcome international participants from 14 until 25 years of age.
Official Registration / Arrival date: August 04th
Departure Date: August 18th.
* Transportation from and to the Dresden Airport will be provided
* We accept student’s Applications only for 2 weeks Summer Program.
DANCE CLASSES / SCHEDULE
- All classes are taught in the English language
- Our International Faculty speaks English, German, Russian, French, Italian and Spanish
- We have experience welcoming over 200 participants from 40 different nationalities over the past 10 years
- All participants are placed in one of the 6 Levels based upon the review of the Application Information, Photos and Videos. The group level is relative and does’t mean any superiority. Levels are to better serve the individual needs of the participants and the pre-assigned level can be changed by the Direction during the first week
- Each Level has a unique program which is appropriate to that level and the set goals
Please check the Summer School Schedule page for more details. information.
SPECIAL EVENTS AND DAYS OFF
Sunday August 11th – Free day. Participants will have an opportunity to explore historic Dresden, visit its art galleries or enjoy the beauties of this city. All activities are optional.
Friday August 16th – Audition for the Palucca University of Dance Dresden and SemperOper Ballet Apprentice program
Saturday August 17th (12:00 – 14:30) – Final Public Presentation at the Palucca University of Dance Dresden (Participants performance)
* Parents and friends are welcome to attend the performance but please be aware that due to a limited seating availability we recommend you to reserve your seat as soon as possible during the Summer School Event.
On Saturday August 17th (18:00-22:00) – Farewell Party for all teachers and participants. The party will be held at the Bella Italia restaurant, Gostritzer str. 2a, 01217 Dresden.
HOW TO APPLY ?
It is EASY! Usual application process takes just a few minutes and please ensure you have the requested photos and video to enable us to evaluate the candidate for acceptance and assign him to a proper level.
- Go to Application Form page, fill in all required information and attach required files
- first arabesque (demi-pointe for the men, on pointe for the women)
- développé a la seconde (demi-pointe for the men, on pointe for the women)
- jump of your choice
- video of yourself (applicant) dancing a classical variation from repertoire or excerpt of a Ballet Class.
You can send your photos and video to: email@example.com
* Parents must sign the Application Form for participants under 18 years of age.
Please allow us two weeks to process your form. We will send you a Confirmation email with further payment information once the decision has been made.
There is no registration deadline however the number of positions in each group / level is limited. To maintain high standards of teaching and quality of our program, we limit the total number of participants to only 200. Please note that we receive on average over 1000 application each year.
Please do not delay to send us your application. As soon as a group Level is full, the registration for this Level will be closed.
Please note that we do have a “Waiting List” in case of a participant cancellation, that a wait-listed Candidate could join. We will keep you informed of your position and will try to do everything possible to include you in our program!
PAYMENT / ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION
- Once your application is accepted and approved, you will receive an invoice to finalize your registration. The funds must be received within 4 weeks of receipt of the emailed invoice.
- If your payment is not received following this deadline, your place will be forfeited. You would then need to re-apply in order to receive second consideration.
- You can make the payments online via PayPal or Wire Transfer.
- Please check our Fees Page for further information.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
The organizers reserve the right to retain 25% of the course fees in the event of the applicant’s withdrawal, if cancellation occurs before June 15th, 2019.
No refunds for the Summer Program or A&O Hostel will be made after the “cut off” date (June 15th, 2019).
It is mandatory that the participants obtain personal health, travel and accident insurance. The organization will not be held responsible for any damage or injury, however caused, to any person attending the course or third parties, not for the loss of any property, on or off the premises of the course or the premises of the A&O Hostel.
An Audition will be held on Friday, August 16th, 2019 for our Summer School participants for the full-time programs of the Palucca University of Dance Dresden. See Audition page for details.
OBSERVATION / PASSIVE TRAINING
We offer the opportunity to Teachers and Dance professionals to observe the classes and rehearsals to enrich their knowledge and experience of different teaching methods.
FOOD AND MEALS
Breakfast: The breakfast is included in the Hostel Fee and will be served to all participants who are opting for A&O Hostel accommodation.
Lunch: All participants will receive full-service lunch at the Palucca University premise (Monday-Saturday). The choice of ballet specific, cold and warm dishes, fruits, desserts, cold or warm drinks will be served. The cost of lunch is included into the course fee.
Dinner: A&O Hostel residents will also have an option to include the dinner at an additional cost of 8,50 euros per day to be served at the Hostel canteen.
In the daytime, participants can use the drinkable water fountains available at the University.
Participants are free to take their dinners at their own, where they desire, at their own expenses.
The perfect central location of the A&O Hostel allows you to find many places with international food for a reasonable price.
While A&O Hostel is located in walking distance to Dresden central railway station, city center and main city shopping destinations, it is also offering a safe environment to its guests.
- We will offer FREE shuttle bus from Dresden Airport to the A&O Hostel on the Arrival day (Sunday August 04th) and from A&O Hostel to Dresden Airport on the Departure day (Sunday August 18th).
- Participants are responsible for their transportation on all other arrival and departure dates.
The official “Marina and Guy Ballet Summer School Dresden” accomodation partner is the A&O Hostel.
- Approximately 6 minutes walking distance from the Main Train Station
- 25 minutes walking distance from the Palucca University of Dance Dresden
- 12 minutes by city Bus from the Palucca University of Dance Dresden.
Dresden offers a wide variety of hotels and apartments and you are welcome to explore other accommodation options.
MARINA & GUY SUGGESTED OFFICIAL ACCOMMODATION
The accommodation is billed separately from Summer School Program Fees at current Hotel rates.
Please look at the Accommodation page for further information.
If you opt for suggested accommodation at A&O Hostel, the pre-paid booking deadline is June 01st, 2019. The payments should be made through “Marina and Guy Ballet Summer School” to allow us to better manage the group.
There will be a full-time representative of Marina & Guy Ballet Summer School at the Hotel premises 24 hours a day, every day.
- Sunday August 11th – Free day for teachers and participants. We recommend visiting the beautiful town of Dresden, the museums, and the numerous nearby castles…
- Saturday August 17th – Presentation / Performance at the Palucca University of Dance Dresden
- Saturday August 17th – Farewell Party for all teachers and participants at the restaurant: Bella Italia, Gostritzer str.2a, 01217 Dresden.
Farewell party is optional, participants will be responsible for their meal and drinks at the restaurant. We will offer tickets for those who would like to join us on this event. You will find this option in your payment options after being accepted for the course.
* The party is for official participants only. Parents and friends are not allowed.